Monday, September 8, 2008

God's grace is sufficient...





We've had a little rough week. Nothing I want to share as it involves
others. I do want to say that reading God's word and keeping in
constantremembrance of Him, His word, and His promises can not be advised enough.

Isaiah 26:3

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon Thee: because he trusts in Thee.

Isaiah 55:8 & 9

For
my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith
the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways
higher than your ways and thoughts higher than your thoughts.


Other than that, we haven't sold our house yet...ha-ha. We have had interest in the way of people viewing the fsbo.com and taking fliers,
but we haven't had anyone come to look at the house. Which....I have to
say we are still a little unprepared in our eyes to show it. I am
finding in this little adventure ways that I need to improve, simplify,
organize, and it's interesting that I'mlearning about myself as we go.

For
instance, I would love people to stop by to visit, unannounced,
whatever...except that now that our house is publicly displayed and
screaming "come look at me" I'm slightly nervous about the idea of
someone doing just that. Why? Because my kitchen has been overwhelmed
with dirty dishes, (not that I'm not doing them!! They just keep
coming!) my daughter's room looks like awar zone (case being that I'm putting a fresh coat of paint on it to cover a mural I'd painted with her name on it), our 4th bedroom is uninhabitable because my husband sheet rocked it etc. (it's almost done though! YAY! and actually that's about it. Everything else is clean, and ready to be seen.
What
I have learned about myself, is that I like to think I'm always ready
for company and sometimes I am. But lately I've been too occupied with
making everything perfect that my aura andmindset have not been on having company to any extent and I'm certainly not prepared to "entertain angels unaware".

Now
that I've recognized this, I can start cleaning what needs to be done,
and get everything to a point that it'll only take a 5-minute walk
through before someone walks inside.

**I started writing this on Sun. which is when the post will show, but now it's Wednesday. Some updates...

The 4th bedroom is painted and I'm preparing everything for Chris to affix the trim. Where does all the dust from the sheet rock come from? I've mopped 4 times, swept 3 and there's still a nagging layer of it!!! URGH! Oh well, it can't keep coming...can it;)

My
brothers have secured an apt. and are moving into their own place as we
speak. It's been lovely having them here, and relationships have grown
stronger, however since we are trying to sell the house, it will be
easier to show all the space off, with less stuff and people in the
home.

Today's weather is a bit gloomy, and it's probably only 65-ish...out,
but nevertheless, my love for fresh air has won over my need to be warm
. :) I do have the windows open! In a couple months I won't be able to
for the temperatures will dip to low, but for now..augh...breeze blow,
breeze blow! I love the fresh air, the smell, the feel of fall, the
crispness, the coffee aroma wafting into every room...Mmmm.

Well,
I'd better wrap this up. I have a few pictures of the last two projects
to post, but for now, onward and upward to suck up more dust!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Misti,
I hope all is going well with you!

Unfortunately, dirt and dust keep coming and it is never ending. Same thing with the dishes and cleaning the toilet. :-/ However, I try to think of it this way...Thank you, Lord, for an inside bathroom and dishes to eat on and a home to clean. I try to keep in mind that it is a gift from God and a responsibility He has given us to take care of what is really His. Sometimes I fail and grumble, though, so don't think I'm a saint.
:)