Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dreams and Desires...





My mom shared this blog with me that would describe where I want to be in 10 years. Although it doesn't seem possible to have 7 going on 8 kids by then...I would love to get as close to this as possible. I'm so ready to get out of town, to have our own land, and the freedoms that go with that.

I love the idea of creating my own materials to clean, wash clothing and such, and I feel that living where we do squelches that. Maybe it's just that I'm looking to move and so I don't have a desire to produce those creative things here. That's probably it.

I was pretty excited that all would happen so much more quickly than it has, but I'm sure most people have those initial thoughts when setting out on the real estate adventure. I have been listening to the news, and I know the economy isn't the best, but I have felt that God can bring someone regardless. So then it leads me to think it's just not His timing. My how impatient I can be.

This past week has been a bit of a stretching time for me and a great time to reflect on my character flaws...well maybe not character flaws, but definitely areas I must try harder to reform. Like my patience, humility, trust in God, and contentedness. Not just with having another child, or selling the house, but also learning to trust Chris that God will work through him and that he is the one with the final say...and letting things go- not having to be right all the time. :) Yeah..I struggle with this one. Not that I don't know that I'm not always right...I'm not that hip on myself, but it's the letting things go if I AM right that I need to just accept. Sometimes people aren't ready to hear or see what is right in front of them and no amount of arguing or pouting will open their eyes if they aren't ready.

Some other of my thought...

Bekah turned 4 a couple weeks ago and loving the fact that she's older. I'm not. Maybe I'd be if I had another to baby, but it's hard to see your only child grow up and be so independent.

I want our house to sell! I'm trying to think about other things, but my mind always takes me (my mom doesn't help sending me blogs like the one I linked to) to living off the grid, being more self-sufficient, the Amish lifestyle, etc. which leads my mind then to think about how much we'll be able to work toward if we get that acreage...and then I'm lead full-circle into thinking I want our house to sell! Oh my...

Should we have an open house in January? Lower our price? when? what? incentives for anyone that brings us a buyer?

I want to make laundry detergent, it seems really easy, but I need to remember to put it on my list - the ingredients.

I want to learn to make skirts. I love the clothes on this website and would love to reform our wardrobes to mimic this. I think it's lovely and feminine and simple. - Well they look simple...not that the making is simple :)

I guess that's enough ramblings for now.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Misti,
Your dreams and desires sound like the ones I had when I was younger. Yes, it is hard to be patient and wait on God, but as you pray, you continue working toward your dream. You will definitely know it is from God when it happens. God didn't give me all that I desired, but I am content with what He did give me...one beautiful daughter that I homeschooled...a house in the country...a husband I love and respect. It's fine to want what you are wanting, but for now look at contentment in where you are today and one day you'll look back and see where God has moved in your life. :)

Misti Aldrich said...

Thank you so much for your wisdom, and understanding. I will continue to try to be patient and I agree that later I'll see where God moved.

Thank you for your encouragement! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Misti,
Really interesting blog, it reminds us of ourselves when we first started out on life's journey together.
We could not have known the struggles we would face, the hardships, the tears and the frustration...
as God tested us over and over again to see if we were ready to lead our mission to the world.
It is God's mission, translated into your passions, that is what you were given, unique from all others, and unique from your mother as well.
Mothers always mean well, but it is God who should be shaping your life. It is a very hard struggle when your own family doesn't understand the journey you are on, as shaped by the hand of your creator. We know firsthand. Some family members still refuse to believe that is the reason for our journey.
Your faith will determine your course,
If you would like to read more about our own journey you can start at
Living Off The Grid

All the best,
Les and Jane

PS, we love the theme of your blog, Jane has been a wonderful homemaker, mother, and wife all these years, and she is very much appreciated. Thank you for praising the homemaker.

Unknown said...

That's my dream as well. I mean, I feel EXACTLY the same way. I don't see how it could happen, but if it's in God's plan, then it will! :)