Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blood, Guts, and Life





I came across this very short blog, but was both humorous and true. It was a short but loaded picture and statement and I had to share it. Below is my comment on the fact and thought I'd share with all since I haven't time to write more.

No better way to rear a child, then with the reality of how life works. We do a disservice to our children by sheltering them from the natural cycles and process of life. What we have then are people who are disappointed and too delicate for life. Albeit...they can murder a baby, but don't touch a chicken! My 4 year old daughter thinks the same thing. For example, she is fascinated with a book I have that shows pictures on how to butcher a hog, rabbit, etc. I have explained that is where our food comes from and now as she grows she'll learn the process of taking care of animals, loving them while they are here and then when it's time for them to die they take care of us by feeding us. It's God's natural way of life. A truly beautiful reality that many cringe at, because they have grown up with a false sense of what is real.

1 comment:

Momzoo said...

I agree with you so much on this. Since we have had chickens we have been butchering them here and there, and I always make the kids help. At first they were squeemish, but now they are fastinated by it.....it makes for a great anatmony (sp) lesson too.