Saturday, June 7, 2008

Inexpensive Book swapping from around the U.S.

This is really going to be short, but here is a great way to get rid of your books and get books that you would like to read.

I've used this a number of times and have really been pleased. The first step is to register and then post 10 books of your own you'd like to share with others (all you have to do to post is type in the ISBN). I believe you get a couple free books (choosing from the huge list of books others have posted) right away for signing up. Each time a person selects a book of yours, you must send it to them. You will gain a credit (for a free book) once they receive the book. It's very simple and fun. It does cost for the media mail postage which is about $2.23 and time wrapping it and mailing it. However, when you select a book you don't have to pay anything and get it quickly. You also get credits for signing people up. So, if you take a look at the website and decide to join, mention my name? There are thousands of books because it's an assortment of people's books they are ready to unload.

I really enjoy it, because I've gotten books that I wouldn't have taken the time to go to the store for, much less buy at the retail price, since I'm on a tight budget and books are a luxury. I do use my public library, however there are some books that I desire to keep and this is a great way to to go with the recycling trend!

Another great feature of the www.paperbackswap.com is that you can make a wishlist and as people post the books you're wishing for, you'll be notified via email that they are available. It's great!

No comments: