Friday, June 27, 2008

Please Give me Patience...NOW!

The Beauty above is a "Mountain Laurel". - From Pennsylvania.

Why is it so hard to be patient? I try and try not to think about this property we want, yet, I am failing miserably. I have the house cleaned, our furniture moved in, gardens planted, cows in the pasture waiting to be milked, chickens in hunt for dinner, and a pot roast in the oven, clothes on the line, .....Oh yeah, we haven't even put in a offer yet. One small technicality. :)

I don't know if it'll work out but we are praying the Lord's will...I feel we are in line with what He'd want, but then again I don't know what He has in store...we'll see.

I think I have moving fever...or "self-sufficiency" fever, or maybe it'd just be nice to be out in the country to let Bekah and whoever else is at our place run free to explore with out the threat of getting in the road, or walking off with a stranger.

I want a cow to make our own dairy products...or at least alot of them, and the milk! Agh....raw milk, free of unnatural ingredients and things that have adverse effects on our bodies...
Chickens. I would love to have our own chickens...well at least for the eggs and natural pest control. I am really not keen on the idea of butchering....That's one chore I really think I've done my share of. Although, knock on wood...I also thought I'd never find myself antsy to move out to the country!!! Eeks.

Well, on to chores that acutally need to be done, rather than anxiously awaiting the decision on getting our acreage...of which I can do nothing about at this time...

1 comment:

laurel said...

Oooh, what a fun, yet anxious decision!! i battle the desire to live in the country, while simultaneously love living in town. So, for now, I am working on urban homesteading...and getting my natural dairy from other sources (right now, we pick up our raw milk from a dairy in SC!).
I will be praying for this decision and that you will have peace (and patience!).