Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Breathe Deep.....the best moment of the day


I was reading a book that has different ideas on how to de-stress, simplify, etc. and one of the things that it said was to "Breathe Deeply". Sounds unnecessary to remind a person to breathe deep, but since actually thinking about it, and then pausing....inhaling as much air as possible, then slowly releasing the air, I have decided that I must remember to breathe more often. That moment of pause in my life makes everything seem more manageable and puts things into perspective. It relaxes my muscles (with a couple of deep breathes), and lets me take in things that I normally miss. Like as I sit here, and breathe, (and even better with my eyes closed) I am made all the more aware of the rustling leaves in the trees and the birds chirping, and the breeze as it dances across my arms and face. I'm instantly rejuvenated. Even if I'm having a "moment" with my daughter, or mad, sorrowful, or frustrated; it amazes me at what just pausing, and calming myself to take a deep breath does.

Maybe it is silly to tell someone to breathe, but I have noticed it's one of my most important moments in my day.

No comments: