Hi all,
Unfortunately I don't have a picture. :(sorry!
Here's a simple recipe for alfredo that includes what most of us have on hand. It'll feed 6 easy with leftovers for lunch. Start with a large pot.
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/2 c. water
mix until sort of pasty
3-1/2 c. milk - heat until soft bubble around edges of pot.
Add cornstarch mix and mix well. This mixture will thicken and then take a 1/4 c. or so of the hot liquid and add it to 2 eggs.
Add the egg mixture to milk.
Add 1 c. parmesan, 1/2 tbs pepper, 2 tbs +/- garlic, and salt to taste.
Wha-laa!
Add your noodles, and meat if you like and it's Great.
Around Thanksgiving turkeys are cheap so it's a great time if you have extra room for the meat to buy and boil/bake a turkey and then debone and freeze the meat.
I use this meat in my "chicken" alfredo if I don't have chicken on hand. Shh....Nobody knows the difference.
3 comments:
Mmm this sounds delicious and cost effective too! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
~Kalianne
My husband made this meal for me when we were dating. It was so delicious that I decided right on the spot to marry him :0)
Thanks for the recipe,
mari
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's always nice to hear from new readers. I just got home and now need to go prepare supper, but I wanted to let you know I'll be back to read more of your blog too. :)
Post a Comment