The first two pictures are of a
little jar I found for 1.50. I'm not sure how old it is, but the owner
of the thrift store thought maybe it was from the 1920's. I'd love to
know if someone knows it's worth and specs. I loved it for it's unique
shape and of course color! I have it sitting on my window sill in the
kitchen. I had plan on using it as a vase but I really like the top and
decided to just leave it as is.
The Checker set I found for
3.00. I am particularly fond of this because it screams Southern front
porch...ferns hanging, white wicker furniture, and large glasses of ice
tea. I do plan on using this on our back porch most likely. Once Winter
hits I'll transfer it to the basement where our game room will be
eventually.
The last pictures...(just forgive the last little
painting I need to do behind the fridge...) are of my recent
experiment. I LOVE labels on things and I also love stuff to be easily
accessible for me and company. So, I started labeling my cabinets with
sticker words. The one I started was obviously the "Special Occasions"
- that's those dishes that I like to have for none other than...special
occasions. I wanted to see how it would look and now I'm convinced I
love the turnout. I plan to put one on each upper cabinet door.
Glasses, Bowls, plates, goodies, dry goods, bakery, etc.
I love labels and if I could I'd have cute labels on EVERYTHING! :) I just love the way it looks.
6 comments:
I need labels for my husband -he accuses me of moving things all over the kitchen. I love the look. very creative. btw, I have the jeans in a walmart sack ready to bring to you.
The labels look fabulous!!! Great idea! And I love the yellow bottle too. Is that a pour spout on top? If so, I would use it to hold dish detergent!
It looks so nice :) I really enjoy thrift store finds.
Thanks for sharing...
mari
Laurel, I think that's a very cool idea. There is a very small opening in the top that made me think it was an oil or vinegar bottle. Funny thing you say that about the dish soap...I was just looking yesterday for a pretty container to use and couldn't find anything! ha! I'll try it.
I'm a fan of labels also and thrift store finds. I love the labels on your cabinet doors!
The Letters for the labels come from a friend of mine who sells UpperCase Living. If you are interested, the prices are pretty reasonable and you can customize until your heart's content.
www.uppercaseliving.com
Her id to see the catalog on line:
974765
Register Token: jensen
I could have done it by hand with some stencils, but I really liked the font and the 3 minutes it took to put it up!
Post a Comment