Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sunshine, Sunflowers, and Sanity...








YAY!!!! It's springtime...I had started to wonder if it was a figment of my imagination.

We moved while the weather was still nice, but once moved we were hit by one of the worst winters seen in a long time. In short we were ill-prepared, but this next winter will be different! :)

We are in the midst of remodeling, cleaning, and landscaping a neglected farm. So, the pictures aren't much of the house because it continues to look like utter chaos in pictures:) Between fading paint and moving around "treasures" we continue to find, it looks more like a moving sale than a moving in.

My grandparents-in-law came to help us gain perspective on what we need to do and where to start, and boy was that a blessing!!! Not only do they point out what may need to be done, they pull up their pant legs or sleeves and jump right in. I couldn't have been blessed with a better in-laws. I absolutely adore them.

The pictures are of our animals...we now have 4 does, 3 cats, 2 ducks, and 1 dog. 3 of our dairy goats are pregnant and due in a month, and our female cat is ready to deliver any day. We weren't planning on taking off on our adventure of animal hood as soon as we did, but I think being out here and having a seemingly endless amount of room, we keep justifying more. :)

We plan on selling goat's milk once our others start producing, and at one time I planned on making it a business of selling the babies as well; however my hubby seems to have fallen in love with the goat species, and wants to keep different herds of them all over about 15 acres of our property. They are very good animals regarding their hardiness and productivity, but I can only handle so many! We haven't exactly been blessed with an Aldrich herd, meaning we are limited on caregivers.

The ducks were a surprise from Grandpa Aldrich and Daddy to Bekah. Eny and Lenny absolutely love life. Ducks are some of the messiest animals...but their cuteness and quirky ways make up for the "mud" in the yard and continuously dirty water bowls, pool, pond, etc. We've been blessed with harmonious animals...neither the cats or dog care whether they are here or not.

I've been busy moving our "stuff" (to which I will be getting rid of)around from room to room for Chris to remodel. If one ever wants to move into an old house...make sure you have no allergies and an endless supply of patience and money. I will be glad when the house at least is done so that I don't have asthmatic problems and feel like it is a sanctuary again. We don't have an endless supply of money to anyone wondering;) but we do take advantage of craigslist.com and other ways to put to use or make over things that have seen better days.

Well, I'm off to plant flowers and enjoy the sunshine...

1 comment:

sandy said...

Great to hear you are doing well. The sunshine is so awesome isn't it?