I love color! I know, I know, it's so obvious. Our home is very colorful and I have to laugh when I see the HGTV home selling tips...no we don't plan on selling our home, but I'm afraid I'd have to repaint 80% of our walls if we did! :) Alot of my time growing up was spent in Louisiana and thanks to the Cajun Creoles, of that region of the U.S., I am so used to color that I feel blah without it. My kitchen colors were inspired by the Birdman, a quaint coffee shop in St. Francisville, Louisiana. At least the yellow and green. The red....ah, red. I just love the color red. It makes me invigorated, happy, and inspired. When I was first married to Chris we were discussing clothes on a shopping trip and he asked me if I could please get another color in my wardrobe besides...red. ha-ha. So, now I don't have all red shades of clothes, but it is throughout my house, nevertheless.
Oh well. :) Wouldn't the world be such a bland place without color? white rainbows? white pheasants? white fish? I just can't imagine having a lack of color in our home as well. :) OK, so off to explaining our kitchen. My husband had to gut the kitchen, raise the ceiling to the original height, lay flooring, tile the back splash, put in the new light fixtures, and on and on. Of course, there's things we'd still like to do, in addition to finishing projects. (Like oh, how I would love a farm sink and new faucet....all in good time, though. The cabinets were here then we moved in and an ugly brown. We couldn't and can't afford new cabinetry or counter tops, so I pulled out some black paint and a piece of sandpaper. I love paint. It's the cheapest way to update and restyle with instant results! All our other finds were treasures and refurbished stuff.
Speaking of the kitchen, guess I'd better get tomorrow's dinner under way! How much nicer it is to have supper done when we get home from church, than to rush around afterwards throwing stuff together in a tired and hungry panic!
No comments:
Post a Comment