Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Misti's Musings

I know alot of people are doing this, but since I haven't written in awhile and have been busy, I thought I'd update on my thoughts and our lives.

I think I'll do it in a list form because I'm in a "list" mode tonight. :)

I'm thinking:

1. I have much to do with people coming to look at our house in one week. I need to make more lists!

2. I love having an avenue in which to write my thoughts and feed back, but I don't feel I keep up with everyone and even my own blog enough. I want to write more next year and be more faithful.

3. I still haven't tried the homemade laundry detergent although I did get my first ingredient for it - Sweet Orange Essential Oil. It smells so invigorating, and I know I'm going to love doing laundry while smelling that!

4. We still aren't expecting a baby, but I think maybe with the possibility of moving and all it is best. We are talking about adopting in the future. Just something we are considering.

5. My sister-in-law is getting married in 3 months and I wish I could help her more with planning all the details, as I'm the matron of honor, but with trying to get all of our house back in order and set up for the appt. I feel stretched thin.

6. I want to invite a friend and her hubby to our Bible Study, when I think she's ready.

Our Lives:

1. We arrived home on Sunday from our Christmas week of being with family. We were in Minnesota for a few days and it was very nice. We went ice-skating, on a sleigh ride, made ice cream, played games, sat around the fireplace and enjoyed everyone so much.

2. Chris is just about done with the sitting room off of our bedroom, and all kinds of little projects. Nothing motivates like company coming! Or potential buyers!

3. I am making more and more aprons and items. I hope to display them at a spring craft show, and once I have some pictures I'll show what I've been busy with.

4. I've been working with Rebekah on her letters and numbers. It's so rewarding to teach your child something that is so important in life.

5. Trying to not give in to the temptation to get a pup for Bekah. :)At least not until we get our farm!

Other than that, we are just trying to be patient, wait on the Lord and appreciate everyday He gives us.

3 comments:

laurel said...

Happy New Year!! I hope that your home sells quickly in this new year and that you are able to pursue your dream of living on some land.
As for the aprons and such, have you considered having an etsy shop?

Homemaker Ang said...

thanks for stopping by and your encouraging words!

God Bless You!

Homemaker Ang said...

our other farm is for sale :)

www.yourdreaminthecountry.blogspot.com