Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Thrift Store Finds









Ok, I know these aren't a staple in life, but they make it more cozy! :)

1. Candy dish was 2.50. I wouldn't have bought this except that I was in need of one with a lid and it matches one my mom gave me.

2. This quilt would fit nicely on a full/double bed. It's pretty warm and I fell in love with it. I don't know if it's really old or just not new, but it was worth the $5 they were asking! I have an addiction to blankets. We always have so many people visiting and many occasions ALOT of people at once. Here in the North it's great to not be low on blankets!

3. This is a plastic sifter. It was $2 and I have been wanting one as I've started baking alot more. I was kind of disappointed that it faded alot after washing it in the dishwasher, but it is still usable...just not as vibrant. Oops!

4. We don't have many side tables and they are so handy. This one was $4! It has a shabby chic feel to it and was just eye-catching. I have a lamp on it in our guest room and that's it. There's no need to clutter b/c it's artsy itself.

5. The first picture is a stool much like the one at Happy at Home I found this "in need of TLC" stool for $6. I've been wanting one for awhile, and it's red!!! My favorite colors, yellow, red, and green. I plan on sanding it and repainting it. Then it'll look inviting. :)

The next post will show you the sitting room off our bedroom that Chris just finished. :)

1 comment:

laurel said...

I LOVE the red stool!!! I love to have pops of red around my house. That stool is adorable! And $6!! Can't beat that with a stick! :)