The picture of the wild black raspberries (taste just like Georgia blackberries)are from what we discovered on our acreage!!!! whoo-hoo! They cover our woods, but don't seem quite prolific enough.
I finished the cherries for the year! A friend and I picked a great number of them off our one little tree and after she was done helping me, I was compelled to keep picking them. It seemed the tree wouldn't quit producing the wonderful red juicy berries.
They are tart cherries, so best for pies and ice cream, however that does not stop my daughter from eating as many as she can ~WITHOUT SUGAR~. She just loves them.
I was busy at the time that the last bit were ready, so I picked, pitted...pitted...and pitted some more ( all by hand )and froze them. They froze beautifully and this week I finally finished canning them. Here's some lovely pictures of my favorite color and now my favorite pie filling!
Note...I'm a little more excited because it's my first summer to can without my mom and actually remember what I was doing;) What I wish I'd picked up whilst at home!
We ended up with over 30 qts. and 25 pts. of cherry pie filling or just cherries. And whats more....that's one tree and I didn't even get most of them! Geesh!
1 comment:
Wonderful! I love canning and have been processing apricots for the past two weeks now!
Good to see you blogging again.
Post a Comment