Sunday, August 2, 2009

An update to our lives....Yes, we are still here:)










So you may have thought that I've abandoned the blog, because we were too busy, had no news about the house selling, or our computer's been down... and even though you'd be correct on all 3 accounts, I'm still here. :) We've been to weddings, had company, canning, spent every spare minute working at the farm, made clothes for Bekah (or at least trying to keep up with her!), and keeping up the daily duties of making a home.

As of late, we are still trying to sell our home, our contract is up with our current realtor and we'll be signing on a new one, in hopes that they'll have a better idea of how to work with us on this venture. The current market has been a hurdle, however it's not effected Nebraska nearly as much as other areas of the country. So, we keep believing when the Lord knows we are ready it will all come about. It has been a trying time to which anyone selling a home would agree. However, we count our blessings and continue to trust the Lord (although frustration definitely has been there)and know that eventually it'll all work out.

We are still working on preparing the other place to move. We aren't wanting to leave it there over winter, and so our thoughts are once Chris is done with his projects, I'll get the painting done and hopefully by Oct. 1st. we'll be moving - regardless of what's happened with this house. We'll try to sell and worst case scenario rent it out during the process. We'd of course rather not, but we've changed so much in the last year as to our desires and priorities, that it just seems like the next step.

The pictures above are of course at the farm...my wonderful husband and daughter:), and the other two are of Bekah modeling her bloomers I made her. I've been making bloomers for her to appropriately cover her when she's wearing a skirt or dress. We both wear either dresses or skirts daily and for one her age it's still very hard to 1. remember to keep her legs together and dress/skirt down, and 2. do any of that while playing!
I don't want her to have to worry about when people pick her up, when she's playing, or any other time, so I've been on a mission to fill her drawer with these bloomers so she never has to worry.
What's even better is that she LOVES them! Since they are out of soft cotton blends, they are super comfortable and move as she does. They are elastic banded at the waist and legs, to give her ease of just slipping them on in a hurry. No buttons and zippers to fool with.
I've also learned to do the french seam so all her bloomers are extremely durable so I can pass them on to future children - daughters:), of course.

Anyway...they've kind of caught on in our area and now my friend and I will be making them for customers who value privacy for their daughters, as well.

That's...what's been keeping us busy!

This summer has been a dream, for sure and it's hard to stay at the computer for too long. :)Enjoy your summer, for winter will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

sandy said...

so great to hear from you - miss seeing you regularly. Excited to hear to hear you will get to the farm this fall.