Monday, January 12, 2009

Simplification





Obviously I have a lot to ponder. And while I've been pondering, we received our mail and low and behold a Burgess Seed and Plant Co. catalog came! Nothing like one of my goals staring me in the face...interesting.

I think I see moving to this house as a challenge to simplify even our materialistic nature. I just figured out the house is about 900 sq. ft. smaller than our current home (that's w/o doing the basement and finishing the walk-up attic. At first that seems tiny. However, I have to admit that the 3 of us really don't use the space we have. We are very spoiled. Have you noticed that the more space you have the more you find "stuff" to fill it? Kind of like the more money you have the more you need? I think I'm liking the idea of having to simplify and fill my home with meaning full treasures, and not stuff that takes more of my time to clean. I'm not a minimalist...but how much do I really NEED? What are some things that I smile at when I see? Books. Piano. Photo Albums. And everything else I like hidden. I of course like some art on the walls, but even not much at that. I'd rather one special piece than more of things that aren't so special.

Does this mean that a moving/garage sale is in the future??? Hmmmmm......

1 comment:

Rosie_Kate said...

I saw your comment on my sourdough bread post, so now I'm stopping by to say Hi! Looks like we have lots in common-- I'll enjoy reading through your archives!

Oh, and sure, I'd love for you to link me!